- Sources both AC and DC steady-state voltage - supplies 240 V DC/AC
- A single LED indicates functionality, making this unit a simple-to-use solution for verification of your test tool
- Compatible with both high impedance or low impedance multimeters, clamp meters or two pole testers
- Voltage is sourced through recessed contacts that are activated when tested probes are inserted to avoid accidental contact
- Long battery life - 5,000 tests per set of four AA batteries
Test Before Touch
Provides a safe method to verify that your electrical test tool is operating properly before you conduct further tests. The concept of "Test Before Touch" (TBT) or three point test method involves testing your meter against a known live source before and after the actual measurement. This sequence verifies that your test tool is operating properly during the actual measurement.
Designed for safety and compliance
Safe and easy method for verifying proper operation of your test tool before attempting to test for either an energized source or a de-energized source without the need for cumbersome PPE, or in cases where no known voltage source is available. Your environment may still require minimal PPE such as hard, safety glasses or earplugs when using a proving unit.