The PD60-2 is a portable two-piece Partial Discharge (PD) measurement and location system with Integrated Tan Delta that interfaces to the HVA45TD or HVA60 AC VLF test systems. The PD60, rated at 62kV peak test voltage, allows the operator to detect, locate and map PD in cable systems up to 35kV. Ideal for PD testing on 35kV MV collector networks found in wind and solar farms.
The PD system runs on either battery or shore power or both. Combined with one of the HVA series of VLF test instruments, the user can perform both an AC withstand and a partial discharge test on a cable system at the same time without having to make any new connections or change out equipment.
The PD 60 uses the same user friendly powerful windows based software suite as used in all our other PD systems. The software controls both the AC VLF source and PD acquisition allowing for automatic or manual control. The PD60 comes complete with PD coupling capacitor and filter units in a rugged injection molded cases with all accessories including a NIST traceable PD Calibrator.
- Flexible Separate standalone coupling capacitor and filter for ease of setup and portability
- Battery or AC shore power operation
- HVD Suite Software – for control and display
- Rugged and portable
- Automatic and Manual Control of gain, trigger, and filtering options
- Analog and Digital Noise mitigating algorithms and Filtering Options
- Ergonomic process driven menu guided user interface
- Multiple Display format of PD Activity includes Phase Resolved Pattern, PD mapping, Raw signal , PD Intensity, PD Clusters, Voltage Dependence, Background Noise etc.
- Detection of PDIV and PDEV
- Rated at 62kV Peak (ideal for 35kV Acceptance and Maintenance testing and below rated cables)
- Includes PD Calibration Instrument (acc. to IEC 60270)
- While mainly used for testing cables, can also be used for testing switchgear, motors, coils, transformers etc.
- Quick and Easy reporting functionality
- Corona protection toroids included
- All cables and accessories included in the injection molded transport case with wheels and pull handle