The HVA60 VLF/DC Hipot Tester model is the instrument of choice when customers require a single instrument that can test the full range of Medium Voltage cables available – that is 35kV rated cables and below. This very popular, single piece instrument is widely used on long 35/33kV cable systems found in electrical utilities, wind and solar farms, etc.
The HVA60’s portable design has a total weight equivalent to just one piece of many two piece VLF 60kV units available on the market. In addition, setting up the HVA60 instrument is simple with no cumbersome interconnects between various modules that make up a typical two-piece design.
Having both VLF AC and DC outputs, the HVA60 is not simply a high voltage instrument for testing MV cables, the unit can also be used for testing Vacuum bottles, cable jackets/sheaths, rotating machines, transformers, switchgear, etc. Test reports are downloaded to the instrument’s internal memory or to a USB flash drive.
As with all HVA units, fully automatic test sequences, digital RMS metering, and integrated storage of test results make the HVA60 a top seller.
- Test your 35kV below MV cable systems.
- Single Piece Design
- Weighs only 126 lbs / 57kg
- Perform tests fully automatically
- Real time oscilloscope display
- Insulation Resistance & Cap. measurement
- RMS Metering of Current and Voltage
- Output Frequency optimization
- Internal Storage of Test Reports
- Download to PC and / or USB flash drive
- Unlimited duty cycle
- Bright backlit LCD display
- Power supply immunity and independence
- Low maintenance, oil-free design
- HVA Control Center – User friendly software for immediate, professional detailed reporting and setup